ZR-1 DIS

Guenther,Max Mguenther at ASCO.COM
Wed Mar 10 16:46:36 GMT 1999

>----------
I've been looking through the manual for a 90 Vette, especially the ZR-1
section.  They use a DIS system which has its own module and uses the
same I/O from the ECU with an added fault code.  There is a wealth of
info on this ignition but little info on the stock hei setup.
	The ZR-1 est signal is a pulsed signal which upon going from high to
low fires the coil.  Does this hold for the L98 or stock 90'vette 350
with a 7727?  Reference is voltage is 45 degrees high, 45 degrees low on
the crank.

If this is the case all you would need for DIS would be the ignition
mod, coil packs, toothed wheel,pickup(and bracket). And some way to tell
the ecm to divide by two as the dist system gets 45 degrees from the
cam.?  Comments greatly appreciated!