EFI in a boat

NIls Björkman nisse.honik at sodertalje.mail.telia.com
Thu Mar 11 00:21:37 GMT 1999

Hi

I´m pretty new on this list
I have been thinking of implementing EFI on my boat engine for a while
now
I wonder if there are anyone with experiance of EFI on engines for
boats.
Im planing to design my own EFI based on an PIC16C74A microcontroller.
Im pretty familiar whith that and have all nesessary equipment and
experience to make the design and program.

My boat is a 20 ft long hardtop boat at aprox 1 ton.
Engine is Volvo Penta AQ145. It´s a 2.3 liter, 4cylinders. aprox 145 hp,
dual solex carbs, overhead camshaft.
To day the top speed is 25 knots at 5500 rpm, but it takes LONG time to
get there.
I hope to be able to move the torque curve a bit downwards so it will
accelerate in a more sufficient way.

I know I have to experiment with different camshafts and so on to get
what I want from the engine.

Best regards

Nisse