O2 sensor

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Mar 11 04:16:44 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: cwagner at info2000.net <cwagner at info2000.net>
To: DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 10:22 PM
Subject: O2 sensor

Trouble with aftermarket chips is ya never know what they did,   if ya
invest in a burner
a couple chips and holders eraser, and read programming 101 stuff and the
Home page
about oem systems you could do lots with the 747.
  With the O2 disconnected should set at least a code 13
Bruce

I am currently running a EFI setup using a GM TBI unit and a 7747
computer.  I purchased a chip from Howell for a 258 cube. inch
engine for my 77 Toyota Land Cruiser.  The engine is stock other
than the EFI.  The problem is the engine runs rich and uses quite a
bit of fuel.  I don't have the money to purchase a scanner to see
what the computer is doing, so I disconnected the EGO sensor to
mess around with it to see why the rich mixture.  During idle, the
reading on a DVM is almost zero.  Any other time it is around 600
mv.   From what I have read, this indicates a rich mixture but the
computer doesn't set a code for a rich mixture.  I drove around with
the sensor disconnected and never got a code for a lean O2 sensor
reading which seemed weird.  Does anybody have any ideas?
Also, this is the first time posting anything here, so any ideas
about how to go about posting are welcome.