AutoMeter FP gauge response time

Glen Beard gbeard1 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 04:19:15 GMT 1999

Roger Heflin wrote:

> I think the issue with it is that the blowers and N2O kits gneerally
> work by boosting (significantly) the fuel pressure, and that is how
> they get more fuel into the engine, and the gage apparently does not
> respond fast enough to this boosting of the fuel pressure.  I think
> stock the f-bodies run 45 psi, and I have heard of the kits boosting
> the pressure up to 60psi or more, and this is all at the same rate as
> the rpm is rising (for a blower).

I run an Autometer Sport-Comp 2" mechanical FP gauge.  I know that you are
looking at electric FP gauges, but if you want a fast response, I recommend
mechanical.  Once you get past the fuel pressure isolator (bleeding it is a
PITA) it works fine.  BTW, I have seen my fuel pressure ramp up to 95-100psi at
5800rpm and 6psi boost.

--
Glen Beard  --  'why get bigger injectors'  --
95 T/A conv M6 Vortech  !heads, !cam