Off Panhard bar

esc esc at firstnethou.com
Fri Mar 12 03:27:38 GMT 1999

I have a Herb Adams Panhard rod on my '82 Camaro.  It is a threaded steel
tube with 3/4" rod ends on each end.  Because of the length, if it is
horizontal when the car is at rest, there is very little horizontal travel.

You can do the math if you want, it's about 4 feet long and travels 2-3"
above and below horizontal.  It really doesn't amlount to much.

At 05:54 PM 3/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Too much coffee today.  I've been looking at 4 link rear axles, and
>the panhard bars.  It looks like the usual panhard bar will tend to
>push the axle to one side as it travels vertically.  The only way to
>prevent this that I can think of is to make a bellcrank between two
>panhard bars, and mount the axle to the bellcrank.  But I don't see
>anyone building this setup, so the L-R movement of the axle might not
>be a problem.  Anyone have some suspension experience?
>
>Shannen

Eric
esc at firstnethou.com
If it breaks, make it stronger.