DIY_EFI Digest V4 #160, Eprom Emulator

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri Mar 12 20:08:17 GMT 1999

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Mark D'Sylva wrote:

> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:00:44 -0800
> From: Mark D'Sylva <mdsylva at interlog.com>
> To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: DIY_EFI Digest V4 #160, Eprom Emulator
>

> Pat,
>           I attempted to look at the link  (just curious)  and it was dead.   You don't
> have to order eprom emulators all the way from Italy.

this one has 2 banks that you can switch between here is a snip from
their page.
______________________

A very developed version of an Eprom Emulator is represented by the
NONSTOP CHIP TUNING. Two Eprom emulators combined in a single device,
mounted on the engine control system (ECS) and connected to the PC.
The ECS works with one of the Simulators, at the same time the code
in the other one can be

changed via PC. You only have to press a function key and the ECS
switches to the second Eprom-Simulator. This is the TOGGLE-function.
No engine-stop, no restart, everytime online. You want to make further
changes? No problem! One of the Eprom Emulators is allways ready and can
accept the new changes. You simply change the values and tables on the
screen, then You upload them into the free Eprom Emulator and toggle
between the two Eprom Emulators.

The NONSTOP CHIP TUNING was designed to modify of tables and values of ECS
of automobiles. It is connected to the parallel port (LPT1 or LPT2), the
changes can be absolved during a running engine.
On this way You can see and feel the changes in realtime.

somes kinda cool eh?

> Many places in USA sell them.   I
> think even Universal Cross Assemblers in Canada sells one.
> For anyone who is interested,   here are a few vendors of ROM emulators:

http://space.tin.it/computer/lorgler/nonst-e.htm as cut from netscape (
I was typing while reading over my shoulder)

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8