Convert a GM SI alternator to the CS130?

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Fri Mar 12 23:30:54 GMT 1999

Try this out . Look at your Alt by the regulator plug in if you have P,L,I,S
connect L in series with a 500 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. connect the cathode
end (band) of a 1N4007 diode to the other end of the resistor. Connect a
wire from the I term to the cathode
of the same 1N4007 diode. Connect the anode of the diode to the output
terminal of the alt. If you have a P,L,F,S, regulator connect a 500 ohm 1/2
watt resistor to the L term, the cathode of a 1N4007 diode to the other end
of the resistor. Connect the F terminal to
the cathode of the same diode and the anode to the output terminal of the
Alt. This method has not been tried yet but I have researched the CS delco
shop manual and I believe it should work.       Don