Electric water pumps (was) alt charging cont sw

Clarence Wood clarencewood at centuryinter.net
Sat Mar 13 00:20:22 GMT 1999

  Has anybody any experience with the *Tik-Tok* Fan/Water pump Switch made by Shogun?  Advertised in Jeg's cat.#990303, pg 46-T.  "It is a three position switch: pos.1 runs pump only; pos.2 it will run your water pump first, shut it off, then turn on your cooling fan-by repeating this sequence the radiator becomes a true heat exchanger instead of a temperature equalizer."  It doesn't say that it is automatic, but at $80.00 it should be!  Anyway, it sounds like a good idea if it were electronic.
  Does anybody know what the gph should be on a 6cyl engine? V8?