Chassis dynos exposed

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sat Mar 13 17:58:12 GMT 1999

-> > systems, if at all. They worked by running the car on the dyno, >
-> > rollers (usually via a water brake system), and reading the horse >
-> power number
-> > when the load prevented the engine from accelerating past a
-> > predetermined rpm.

> That's an engine dyno setup, I've never seen a car dyno of this type.
> The dynojet type systems have been around for at least three years
> (my earliest chassis dyno runs)

 Three years?  Clayton has been making water brake chassis dynos for
well over THIRTY years.  I own one.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?