[M] Alterpower alternator charging control switch

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Sun Mar 14 03:04:01 GMT 1999

> And, let's don't forget what 1 or 2 less volts will surely do to injector
> opening characteristics!! A hole inna piston will lose a lot more HP and $$
> than a damn alternator shut-off will ever gain!
>
> Greg

True, but a properly designed EFI will compensate quite nicely - ever
hear of Peak and Hold injectors? They only require a fraction of the
available juice to operate reliably. Also, many saturated type injectors
run on 3 volts - the "ballast resistor" in the circuit absorbs the rest.

That said, I still say this device is close to useless in the real
world. - whether street or track.