exhaust system idea

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Mar 14 15:36:55 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: James Weiler <james at brc.ubc.ca>
To: Greg Hermann <bearbvd at sni.net>
Cc: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, March 14, 1999 1:36 AM
Subject: Re: exhaust system idea

In some towns in CA the law enforement types would look under the car (even
in the rain) to find them.  They were worried, (third hand 4 generation
rumor) about parts falling off..  They used to be some available from JC
Whitney, but again if ya get hasseled big time over em, don't be surprised.
  Fred's turbo as muffler idea, is good, with one downside.  While the
pulsations are all broken up they are loud, and easily fail any deciometer
(?)  test.
  Some small own tactics are using a measuring device, at one location, then
as you drive by they radio ahead, and you pick up your ticket.  Judge knows
whats going one, so it's a you lose anyway ya go deal.
  There are tunable mufflers, where ya can "adjust" things.  Personally just
a 3" conventional muffler is fine with me....
  Having never owned a loud car this is all just rumor, mmmmmm.
Bruce