Bosch Fuel Pump

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Mar 14 18:05:48 GMT 1999

Actually, fuel should be used. Any difference in viscosity will change
the
actual flow rate. I recently used mineral spirits for testing, as it is
safer. (Please see my other post). I was more interested in checking the
injectors, adjusting the regulator and checking the fuel pump's well
being.

There are two flow rates that are of interest: A free flow rate, which
is
just the pump running full bore with no restrictions. There is a list of
pumps on the GN site that lists them this way.

The second is more meaningful: This is the rate against the head
pressure
of a regulator. On a TBI system, this runs at 9-13psi (I'm using 15psi).
On a port system, this runs about 43psi (varies in practice). At this
higher pressure, the flow will be less.

Once I have an installed and sealed up fuel system, I'll be doing a test
of the second above. I'll also check it at 12v and 18v, just to see how
much more fuel gets pumped by boosting the volts. I'll run the pump from
a power supply, and measure the flow from the return line out of the
TBI.

BobR.