exhaust system idea

soren soren at rio.com
Sun Mar 14 18:14:59 GMT 1999

>As you can see from my tagline, I still firmly believe the
>best mufflers are a pair of properly sized turbochargers :)

>  Fred's turbo as muffler idea, is good, with one downside.  While the
>pulsations are all broken up they are loud, and easily fail any deciometer
>(?)  test.

    From a CHP information bulletin pertaining to exhaust noise (you can
read it at www.vfaq.com/BADSM/CHP-Exhaust.html )

"Section 27150 requires that every motor vehicle subject to registration be
equipped with an adequate muffler- There are no exceptions -- all vehicles
must be equipped with a muffler as defined in Section 425 VC. A turbocharger
is not considered a muffler. "

Sorry dude, at least as far as california is concerned your turbos are not
mufflers even if they act to muffle the exhaust.

Soren