exhaust system idea

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Sun Mar 14 20:55:16 GMT 1999

Its a great idea.  A few years ago I designed a muffler, like a turbo
muffler, that had a butterfly in it.  When closed, the exhaust passed
through lots of perforated holes and was damped by 2 Helmholz resonators.
When open, the exhaust went right through with minimal silencing.

Mistubishi 3000's had a setup where the muffler outlet was partially
constricted at part throttle to improve silencing.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>