Frederic Breitwieser/turbo discussion

xwiredtva@msn.com xwiredtva at email.msn.com
Mon Mar 15 03:12:49 GMT 1999

Ok, It doesn't concern FI for me though. I asked what would be needed to
convert a 1.3L Suzuki CAR engine to turbo running a CR ratio of 8.9:1 and a
Weber carb (FI cost too much for a truck I may roll and be done with). I
also asked about the oil coolers, mount before or after and can I use the
engine oil to cool the turbo where the coolant is designed to run with a
secondary cooler mounted before it and will that effect the block too much
to be feasable. I'm not worried too much about the exhaust manifold or stuff
other than that just the basic facts like can this carb take it, is the CR
ratio too high, and keeping the turbo cool.
    Searching the turbo route for more low end grunt.