O2 sensor

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 15 12:41:38 GMT 1999

Closed loop depends on more than the O2 sensor activity... it depends on
time since start on some models, coolant temp, throttle position AND O2
sensor activity.  When the O2 sensor is hot, it should be bouncing from
lean to rich (low V to High V) several times a second... At idle it should
be sending a voltage (But it can ONLY be monitored by a Digital meter with
several Meg-Ohms per volt input impedance...an analog meter across it will
ruin it!)

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.