Electric water pumps (was) alt charging cont sw

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon Mar 15 14:15:07 GMT 1999

I believe the compressor has a variable pitch swash plate that is controlled
by inlet suction, it will only suck so hard so it cuts back when the cooling
load is low.  There is no electronic interface.  From a power consumption
standpoint I don't think this is any better than cycling the compressor, but
it does let the truck drive more smoothly.  My old '89 Dodge minivan with
the Mitsubishi V-6 had a similar compressor.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>