Bosch Fuel Pump

Jonathan captain.midnight at usa.net
Tue Mar 16 13:17:19 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, March 15, 1999 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: Bosch Fuel Pump

>Oh, I see.  Don't forget to add baffling inside the tank or a separate
surge
>tank outside.  You will need it because EFI cannot handle momentary fuel
>starvation like a carb.  Some just keep tank more than 1/2 full.  Be very
>careful of fuel line routing and pump mounting.  Try to think what would
>happen in a crash.

ROFL I just started reading this list and I find a thread like this. Well, I
happen to be an Opel GT fanatic (and then some, I own 3 and enough parts to
build two more) and the thought of someone trying to make an opel "crash
safe" strikes me as funny anyway enough b.s. Opel gt's mount the fuel tank
inside the car because of the monocoque <sp> body (versus unit body like
GM's) but they draw fuel through a hole in the under belly of the car (this
is also a well known corrossion<sp> spot because of a rubber boot that goes
bad..... OK OK to the point ... the VDO gages run VDO sending units in the
back of the car there is a wooden "shelf" for the spare tire (not the one
behind the seats) unbolt it and the tank is underneath plumb a new fuel line
though the gage sending unit from their through the under belly to the
engine. the reason I suggest this way is because I have had problems when
cornering (a good left turn puts the fuel on the right side of the car) and
the gravity feed system is not good enough for me. well I guess if you have
any questions you could e-mail me