ford efi to tbi swap

Jonathan captain.midnight at usa.net
Wed Mar 17 01:33:18 GMT 1999

has anyone swaped out a ford four cyl efi turbo motor for a tbi v6
    I am trying to avoid changing the entire wireing harness.  I have read
about maf upgrades on tbi motors and by looking at the pinouts of the
computer all ford eec-4 their is only two injector wires for the four cyl if
I connect these wires to the tbi and plug in the rest of the sensors it
should run but my main fear is that even though the four banger was turbo'd
the fuel maps might still be lean if it reads from a 2 or 3 bar map sensor
(wich I haven't located in the car) so heres the topology

'86 thunderbird w/v6 3.8 TBI (totaled front end)
'85 thunderbird w/Turbo four and EFI (decided to get hungry and eat turbo,
also has bad trany)

The wires for the sensors split inside the dash half go out the drivers side
and the other half go out the pasenger side.

I have the computer from both but I don't have a intact MAP sensor from the
'86 so I was hopeing to use the MAF since it is prefered anyway.

sorry I typed so much

J.O.