Frederic Breitwieser/turbo discussion, design Q's

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 13:03:23 GMT 1999

Does anyone know of a good example of reversion tubes, somewhere
on the net?  I'm gathering materials to build a 2.0 Ltr 4cyl turbo
header.  Also, if there are some good rules for volume ,
primary tube size/length that you are aware of, please
lemme know.  The engine is a 16v SOHC Neon unit.
I have a spare of this particular engine, so I'll push it
pretty hard.hard.

The exhaust ports look weak, but the intake ports look really nice..
   (see http://www.enzoco.com/mike/neon/sohchead.htm ).

I will be using aToyota 3Ltr supra turbo from a 6cyl engine.
 I was a little hesitant at first, to put it on an engine that is 2/3 the
 displacement, but later found that Totota also used it on 2.0 Ltr
 MR2 Turbo cars with the same AR exhaust housing.

I have a feeling that I'll be looking for ways to compensate for a
slightly oversized exhaust housing, and was thinking there
must be a particular design that accomplishes this better than others.
As I said, any advice on designing the turbo header is appreciated.
Mike V.