Knocksensing with HIP 9010

Mike Morrin mikem at southern.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 20:55:22 GMT 1999

At 09:08 pm 18/03/99 +0100, Nils Björkman wrote:
>Hi
>
>Im going to design my own efi based on an PIC 16C74A microcontroller.
>
>I am going to use the Harries HIP 9010 Knock sensor circuit for feedback
>of air/fuel mixture.

I think you have got the wrong end of stick.  A knock sensor is used for
feedback of ignition timing.  An oxygen sensor in the exhaust is used for
mixture feedback.

It also seems to be highly desirable that your efi system has reasonably
accurate open-loop control of the system, as the real world knock and ego
sensors are far from ideal (in range of operation and speed of response).

regards,

Mike