Conversion to EFI : Fuel system

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Mar 19 00:07:00 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch <ozyman at employees.org>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>;
Date: Thursday, March 18, 1999 5:14 PM
Subject: Conversion to EFI : Fuel system

The purpose of the JTR book is to tell the first timer how to do, so that it
works first time thru.  I'd suggest that you do it his way the first time.
Get it up and running.  Then experiment.
  Mount pump below gas tank height.
  Never inclose a fuel pump in a non oem "housing".  They make fuel-air
bombs.
The warm fuel issue really is nothing you'll have much control over.  If you
min the amount of fuel recycled, all the fuel lines are hotter than need be.
In high demand the Hot fuel (in the rails) will be used rather quickly.
The fuel in the tank is what it's going to be, based on fuel pump capacity,
and how much is recycled.  Really not much to do here since the pump needs
to be large enough for WOT fuel demand.
  Follow someones lead and just use their info., first time thru.
Just getting the installation "stock" is enough work.  You'll have lots of
time to try and improve it.
IMHO
Bruce