Conversion to EFI : Fuel system

Mitch ozyman at employees.org
Fri Mar 19 16:37:21 GMT 1999

At 10:10 AM 3/19/99 -0500, Guenther,Max wrote:
>What are you planning on using for the reserve tank? Thats my next and
>hopefully final hurdle.  Some guys here had suggested using part of a
>holley float bowl.

Generally I expect welding to be required, but keep in mind it's a
low-pressure application.

A buddy of mine has made one using a length of exhaust pipe, welding sheet
metal caps on each end to close it.  The inlets and outlets are welded in
on tangents to the outside curve.  He reckons this helps with air/fuel
separation.  He has offered to make one for me if I will do the cutting.

On the other hand, some fellow on the Jaguar Lumps mailing list (for folks
who put American V8s in their Jaguars) says, "any SAAB 16V up to 1989 or so
had a Bosch 2-pump setup - a feeder pump inside a little bucket which then
fed the main pump.  All in one compact package."  I'd like to have a look
at one of these; it might meet the requirements with little further
modification.

I will continue to document this in great detail on my Web site.

Mitch

The Urban Redneck  o  ozyman at employees.org  o  Goat Hill, California
                http://www.employees.org/~ozyman