AN stands for??

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 19 22:48:53 GMT 1999

I thought AN stood for airforce/navy as this is who the adapters were
originally designed for.  As far as I'm aware there are only 2 types of
fittings. AN and SAE.  AN flare is 37 degrees and SAE is 45 degrees so
they aren't compatible.  As for thread sizes they may or may not be the
same I don't know.  But you don't want to get the flare wrong as it
defeats the whole purpose of the high quality fitting.
I've never heard the term boss before.

Also make sure you're not dealing with saginaw fittings (i.e. you
mentioned your FPR, if it's a GM part then it's probably a saginaw type
fitting.  These use O-rings.

hope some of this helps.  Where are you located?
jw