injector manifold design

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Mon Mar 22 04:50:52 GMT 1999

a question to the group, in taking the efi system out of a Volvo, (4 cyl), I
noticed that the fuel injectors were as most are, part of the intake
manifold and seemed aimed at the middle of the individual intake ports,
right at the edge of the intake port.

I am having trouble finding a good throttle body with a single injector for
my mgb, (the gm is hard to physically fit). outside of the irritating fact
that my head has siamesed intake ports, could I create an intake manifold
that mimics an injector per port, and have 2, (or one larger one), aimed at
each mgb 'dual' intake port ? this might sound screwy but I have the
injectors and OEM throttle body and I was thinking it was a shame not to use
them.

I can easily imagine that injector placement is a science, but the stuff is
right by my foot here in the lab.

thanks for all of your help.

Ted Stowe