Ceramic Coatings and EGT

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Mar 22 14:57:24 GMT 1999

> If your exhaust temps went down as rpm went up, it is a good indication that
> you were detonating.  As long as temps are going up you're OK.  This is one

That's interesting, because the knock sensor didn't trigger that much if at all
most of the time, though occasionally it did light a few LEDs on the 10 LED
scale.  Typically two LEDS were light most of the time, except during rapid
deceleration of the engine, in which more would light up.  The LM3914 being what
it is (the chip we used) one LED was always lit.

Thanks for the tip!
--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)