valve overlap

Matt S Bower m.s.bower at cummins.com
Thu Mar 25 00:29:06 GMT 1999

There was and article close to a year ago in AI about solenoid valves
and higher voltages which would go along way toward making it a
reality.  I also worked with a ex tech from GM who was around the aurora
cam less prototype that is in the AI article.  He said on advantage to
the engine beyond variable cam geometry was with plenty of valve
clearance and engine position they could open valves on seven cylinders
and start the engine with out a starter.