A '747 for ignition only

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Thu Mar 25 02:14:06 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> [...]

As for needing just the EFI fuel system, I was actually meaning,
the pump/filter/lines to the TBI. I have an entire '747 system from
a truck currently installed in/on the engine/vehicle.

Only take a minute to pull the TBI and throw the carb back on.

> >is still in place, I think I'll try it out.
> >Off the top of my head, the one thing that needs to be done, it to
> >zero the error bit map for all the O2 stuff. Burn the prom with
> >some spark tables, and try it.
> >Anything else you can think of?
>
> On a CCC:
> You'll need the right MAP,
> TPS, Seems likely to be shareable.

TPS, hmmm, that I'll lose removing the TBI. Maybe it won't
matter much, I should still get some PE due to the MAP.

>   ESC, and KS probably different.   You'd have to call Chev or Parts House
> for accurate info., I'm not sure.
> For the intial fire it up to see of it runs, I'd disable all the malfunction
> flags.
> Set the timing, and immediately try a chip with like you said 13-44-45
> disabled, and closed loop/learn temps set to FF.

Yep, good idea's here.

> Depending on what you actually doing, you'll need the fuel pump signals
> wired in.

Done.

> None CCC:
> gonna need a TPS, in addition to the above..
> Bruce
> >
> >BobR.

I'm thinking that the main spark table is RPM vs MAP, it's
the little things that might mess me up.

I'll let everyone know how this goes... Yea, I'm gonna
try it. Why not! Gotta' learn somehow.

BobR.

Ya' sure Doc's not up for a ride under the hood with a
timing light? LOL