List Topics...

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Thu Mar 25 05:30:54 GMT 1999

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Tom Sharpe wrote:

> eclark at hoser.com wrote:
>
> > I agree, this has bothered me since I started reading the list.  I dont
> > use a text based mail reader so html is useless.
> >

> How do you look at web sites?   please get an html viewer like netscape.
> TomS

I dont know about others, but I do have netscape and use it for some
things, but it is too slow and unwieldy for large volumes of email, I
find. Cant beat good old pine and plain ASCII, IMO. Also, HTML uses lots
of extra space so it slows things down. Last point is ASCII goes
everywhere, whereas other things are specific to certain software. That is
why many [all?] of the listservs I know of ask for things in plain ASCII.