MAF GM systems

Peter Fenske pfenske at bcit.bc.ca
Thu Mar 25 21:52:00 GMT 1999

Hi Mike

GM uses tables to linearize the sensor.. IE take the MAF A/D or period
and lookup the airflow in a table attributed to that reading.

As long as you have the airflow figures this works good.

Hard to do a polynomial in a HC11.

Wondering if you had the airflow numbers and if you flowed the
bosch analog MAf..

:peter

CHOMP
he MAF sensor is proportional to mass air flow.  So I designed the system
handle a y=mx+b type equation, and had pots to vary m and b.  And I had
nothing but trouble.  I could get a good idle, but poor mid and top end.
Then
I adjusted for top end and midrange and idle would be WAY rich.  I finally
flowed the MAF with an anemometer and behold

             Air mass varied as the square of output of the MAF sensor

DOH!!!!

So a little math fixed that.

Mike