454 TBI for 350

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Mar 26 18:02:00 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: David J Kennedy <dkennedy at student.umass.edu>
To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, March 26, 1999 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: 454 TBI for 350

I'm assuming this is a truck application:
The give away BBC to SBC TBs is the BBC has 2" butterflies, and the SBC have
1.8"s.
Some variances in connetors for TPS.  Large and not so large injectors, for
BBC Early bigger.
MAP, CTS, all the same. 87-91 all were 747s,
Bruce

I was wondering the opposite, I have a TBI 350 (1989) and would someday
like to step up to the 454. What I want to know is what can I keep of my
current TBI set up. Will I just need the 454 throttle body? It'd be great
if I could keep all my sensors/ecm and just move them to their new homes
on a big block.
I'd offer a trade, but I am not ready for that project yet- I don't
think:)
David Kennedy