O2 Sensor Current?

Thomas Martin marttj at pcmail.css.mot.com
Fri Mar 26 21:27:27 GMT 1999

Static is set to 22 degrees, factory spec is 20 with 87 octane.  22 is MORE than acceptable with 93 Oct.  No, it is CCC, computer controls the advance.  No
mech advance. No carbon buildup in the EGR tubes, I have run some X-66P down about 2 months ago, no change.  If I run 89 oct, she pings like I am advanced to
30 degrees and have lean mixture!!  I means she rattles!  This is my concern, I would like to run 87 oct again, and not have to use the Cat or AIR.  The carb
was rebuilt last summer, and is VERY clean inside.  She purrs at idle, does 0-60 in 9.3 with 2 people in the car and all my tools, and with 2.14 gears and 205
75 R 14 tires (taller than stock).  I was still in first gear!    She was running very rich at the high rpm end.

I will start to work on the unity gain op amp this weekend, hopefully that will cure the whole problem and give me some tunability without code.

I did not see anything about the 27S181 on the http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/ website, am I blind?  Does the carb CCC setup use the 27S181 or am I getting
wrong info?  I got it from someone who has programmed one for a 442.  I have a ECM, Service Number 1226454,  this is NOT from my Cutlass, but can it be used
for it?  I think it came from a 84 and older 3.8L Chevy V6 car.  The letter code is BDB.  Does this mean much?  There is numbers 16027811, and 867811, and
46370568 also. What do they mean?

I appreciate the help of the members of the list on this, even though it is not an EFI car, yet.  I am planning on this summer building up a TBI system for
it.  I can justify a lot of money in this car, but my 80 Turbo Trans AM with a 70 400 in it will get SFI, that is my goal there.

Thanks!
Tom Martin