Negative Overlap" or more commonly known as Pressure Balance cams

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Mon Mar 29 13:44:26 GMT 1999

So spank me silly.  Some one asks what the theory is, Some one explains and
supplies a reference, and then someone else whips out his manhood and tries to
ram it home because he personally does not agree.

First rule:  If you don't personally know the person writing (especially
including me), put your hip boots on and consider the source and the value of
free advice.

Next, - tend to go with the published experts - they probably have a much
better chance of knowing what they are talking about - especially if they have
been well tested, hired as consultants, won many races and are extremely
respected through out the industry.

When in doubt, go with your own local engine builder guru racing type.  Since
his buns are subject to toasting for losing, odds are he probably has a clue -
unlike many on the internet.

And finally - take it with a sense of humor.  Engines are far more forgiving
of religious dogma  than we are.

1963 Ford C-600 Prison Bus Conversion "Home"
1971 Lincoln Continental 460 "Christine"
1972 "Whale" Mustang awaiting transplant
1978 Dodge Long Bed Peeek Up "Bundymobile"

Habaneros - not just for breakfast anymore