Chip for Northstar

Todd Israels israels at MNSi.Net
Tue Mar 30 23:35:38 GMT 1999

At 05:11 PM 3/29/99 PST, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>  Yes it does hook up after a bit.  It really kicks down when you are in
>passing gear.  I really don't know what to do.  If it is because of the
>wheel sensor inputs, can't I make some kind of unit to produce a signal
>to make it look like it is always moving?  Why can't I get a chip made
>to get rid of this all together?  What would be easier and cheaper?
>Which one would work?  Thanks
>
>Chris Moore

	You should be able to fake these signals.  is there a reluctor ring on the
caddy inner CV joint by the transmition? count the number fo teeth and do
some simple math to get pulses per mile.
	I am not sure this will work if the system looks for other things such as
break effectiveness or missing output actuators.  The best answer i think
is to install the axel speed sensors.
	I doubt that the Caddy ECM is well hacked or documented this is probably
why a chip is hard to find.  If you can afford a Caddy there are several
alternatives for the money. The best answer may be to wait for the
popularity or these engines to catch on.  There may be some applicable
information available for the Olds Arrora of Vett ZR1, Not sure all the
differences and similaritys.

					Good Luck and keep us posted
					Todd Israels