Northstar VSS

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Mar 31 06:21:39 GMT 1999

Some of the thread is missing from this post, and it wasn't clear
anyway, but signal may come from wheel speed sensors for ABS, which
are much higher resolution than VSS.  ABS signals are usually sent to
an ABS controller (well, usually is a relative term), but Cadillac is
known to follow their own path, so to speak.
However, one of the pitfalls of subbing signals is exactly what you're
describing. In this case, if 4,000 ppm VSS is subbed for WSS, speeds
will look very slow, so no problem with high speed cutoff.
Big question is... is one module responsible for all portions of
traction control?  (I'm really unfamiliar with this Caddy system, but
may be able to dig out a book tomorrow.)
Shannen