Camshaft Selection

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 31 17:00:30 GMT 1999

Gwyn,
Not sure what engine management you have (ECM etc) but the Ford, Chrysler
and GM units have TONS of problems when you run Rhodes lifters... Knock
retard goes through the roof as they seem to resonate at the freq the Knock
sensor likes to hear...
Know plenty of people that put them in with a bigger cam and wound up
tearing them out and going with standard lifters as it totally killed the
performance due to the constantly retarded timing.