Camshaft Selection

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Wed Mar 31 20:20:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Gwyn Reedy wrote:
> What I put in: 204/214 duration, .476/.502 lift and 107/117 separation. Also
> put new 1.7 ratio rockers and Rhodes bleed-down lifters. Hope is that the
> lifters will make the cam look just about the same as the stocker at 2200
> RPM and less and then pump up and give the benefit of the increased lift
> above 3-3500 RPM. Trying to get the best of both worlds. Will tell you all
> how it runs in a month or so after it is back together.

Ahem...I'm got those lifters in my car. It brought back some of the
low end, but they make the car sound like an old 6cyl Ford Fairlane
and at this point I believe 1 or more of the lifters has worn out.
It was an experiment that showed a bit of improvement for awhile, but
listening to them and dealing with the differences caused by the
temp of the oil will prevent me from doing it again. Maybe you'll
have a higher opinion of them.

FI content: this is the same car that I'm converting to TBI. Makes
tuning a bi$%&!

$0.02
-greg