Fuel injection plugs

Howard Wilkinson owly at mcn.net
Sun May 2 04:29:41 GMT 1999

Greg:
    More power to you if you can accomplish that...... I happen to
live in the real world, and deal with old fashioned Ford & GM engines
such as the FE series and the Small block & big block GM engines.  The
comment on life expectancy is based on 20+ years of working on these
engines.
    I'd love to see a gas engine with a 500K life in a farm truck, and
a bcsf below .35............. With the technology people are using
around here the service life I spoke of is realistic based on real
life experience, not labratory environments..... some go over 100K
TBO, but not many, and it is a struggle to achieve a bcsf of .50
(impossible with a Holley carb).  I've worked on a lot of engines over
the years, but apparently not seen the bearing setup you
describe...... I presume you are refering to Ford 239 engine when
speaking of "flattys", and assume you speak of a single bearing
spanning an entire rod journal (2 rods)..... I've owned vehicles with
these engines, but never had to work on them.
    I'll believe the .35 and 500k figure when I see it in real life!