ECU7 EFI project plans

Al Lipper efi at cardozo.org
Tue May 4 03:56:06 GMT 1999

Marc, it is good to hear of your interest, as well as your experience with
th 80C552.  It sounds like you've done some nice work with it.  At the
present time, we have a relatively final version of the ECU7 schematic
(newer than the one on the web), as well as a completed PC board layout.
Unfortunately, it is expensive to have a small quantity of PC boards made
(close to $500), so I've been unable to move ahead until I can either find
a cheaper way to have them made, or find enough people to split the cost.
I'm planning to post the most recent version of ECU7 to the web, as soon as
I can get some more web space.  The schematic and PCB were done with OrCAD
386+, so if you have compatible software, I'd be happy to e-mail you the
original source files.

We've been looking for someone with 80C552 experience for a while, so
hearing from you is very fortuitous.  Even better, it sounds like you've
already done some of what we need.  The first thing is the writing of a
.HEX loader that will allow an intel .HEX file received over the serial
port to be loaded into the 5v flash memory.  The second thing is for the
old assembly routines (EFI02.ASM) that worked on ECU6, running on the Intel
80C51GB to be converted to use the 552.  The 80C51GB used PCA's where the
552 has its own capture/compare timers.  Also, the A/D converter read
routines need adaptation.  It's really a rather simple file, and hopefully
the documentation is clear.  Once we can get one of these built and
working, I expect progress can be swift.

Thanks for all of your help, Marc - it's good to have you on the project.

		Al
efi at cardozo.org