Reverse Cooling?

Matt S Bower m.s.bower at cummins.com
Tue May 4 12:24:39 GMT 1999

GM went to it earlier than the LT1.  If you look at late 80's IROC's
TA's and vettes they should all be reverse flowed.  The reason as I can
recall was something to do with trying to control the head temps for
emmisions.  They were able to get around the need with the LS1 engine
and went back to the standard flow which I believe keeps the whole
system at a more uniform temp.  Bottom line still is that the gains
weren't high enough for anyone else to fool with it.