Flame - Not (Tornado engine?)

CLsnyder claresnyder at home.com
Tue May 4 13:09:42 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Rudi Machilek <rudi at vnet.net>
To: <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 1999 1:05 PM
Subject: RE: Flame - Not (Tornado engine?)

> Entire Toronado front drive assemble was also used in the GM Transmode RV.
As I recall, the carburetor was a Carter Thermo-quad that was prone to
warping and leaking.  Would have loved an EFI set-up.  We loaded them down
with gas analyzers and mini lab set-ups and drove them all over the US.
Pretty decent gas mileage but prone to overheating.  Another great idea not
engineered thoroughly.

TOTALLY different engine you are speaking of here Rudy. The TORNADO was a
Willys engine - used in the Jeeps. The Buick V6 engine used in the Jeepster
was also branded a TORNADO for a few years. The TORONADO was the Olds
monster.

> Rudi Machilek
>
> >In this country--the Tornado engines only came with an eight port head
> >(individual exhausts, but two logged intakes), and obviously without the
> >good rods. It came in early sixties Gladiator pick-ups and Wagoneers.
And,