OT max economy, engine stress

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Tue May 4 15:01:26 GMT 1999

Prob with putting high load on engine with low rpm is that the oil
pressure is usually lower at lower rpm's thus smaller film of oil
between crank and main journal bearings and rod and rod bearings and cam
and cam bearings and rockers and rocker pedestals, etc...

More chance for metal to metal contact....thus more chance for
scuffing/scarring of metal and more chance for spinning bearings....

Heating the fuel DOES atomize the fuel better, however the hotter the
mixture the less dense the mixture as well, it's a trade off and there's
definitely a point at whcih heating the micture for atomization is
detrimental to combustion.  Also predetonation is more achievable at
higher inlet temps, as I'm sure you already know...

Later!

Todd....!!