OT max economy, engine stress

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Tue May 4 16:13:37 GMT 1999

Nearly WOT at low rpm is the key to good economy.  It also helps if your
fuel system stays lean and the cam timing is not too aggressive.  This does
load the rods and pistons though because their inertia cannot offset the gas
pressure loads at low rpm.  Be careful to avoid much boost at low rpm for
the same reason.

When I had an Eagle Talon, it vibrated when driven below 2000 rpm but that
was because of the balance shaft tuning.  Above 2000 it felt like a V-8.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>