atomization enhancement

Howard Wilkinson owly at mcn.net
Tue May 4 17:10:09 GMT 1999

Roy:
    I find that number hard to believe if my conversion figure is
correct 1 bar = 14.5 PSI (rounded).  26100 PSI........  You won't
catch me working around one of those systems... a leak could easily be
fatal!     It that the system on Caterpillar I've heard about where a
cracked line can cut put out a fuel stream that will cut steel.
    The Ford "Powerstroke" I've been told is a single rail system
which has an oil pressure driven injector which is computer triggered.
An extra oil pump supplies pressure to the injectors which use the oil
pressure to create high injection pressures.  I've never worked on the
power stroke..... only the old 6.9 & 7.2 engines which used an
ordinary rotary pump.  New injectors for the Powerstroke are $500.00
each according to the local Ford people.... I suppose $4k for a set of
injectors isn't so bad if you can afford a $40K pickup.
H.W.