Briggs&Stratton 5.5 HP

Florian Melber f.melber at t-online.de
Wed May 5 10:43:28 GMT 1999

Dear Chris,

I live in germany and work since about 2 years on small single cylinder port
injected natural gas engines (Briggs&Stratton 7.5 HP and Honda 6.5 HP).
We have all necessary components like throttle bodies, lambda sensors,
catalysts, temperature sensors, hall sensors, throttle position sensors etc.
It works perfect. Our applications are indoor karts and generator sets.
Our system would work as well with gasoline injection. However you'll need
gasoline supply (pump, pressure regulator and injector).
We developped our own injection management system. It runs perfectly, but
unfortionately our software engineer was very unreliable, so that I decided to
look for another reasonable injection system. The Haltech F9A system showed to
work good for this application, allthough I'd wish it would be smaller.
A problem we had, was to trigger the ECU. My plan was to use the signal from the
prime side of the ignition coil, but it showed to be not that easy. If you do an
osziloscope pattern from the signal, you'll se why. We got it done with the
Honda engine, but had some problems with the Briggs&Stratton engines. Now I
produce cheap and small hall sensors for this application as well as small
temperature sensors. An other problem was to find suitable high pressure natural
gas components (small cylinders, a precise pressure regulator, and a natural gas
injector)

Florian