Trigger wheel positioning

Fredrik Skog c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Wed May 5 19:10:26 GMT 1999

If I want the trigger wheels first pulse to occur at 60 degrees BTDC on my
60-2 toothed crank trigger wheel, how am I supposed to line it up?
Is it the center of the tooth that the sensor detects or is it the edge of
it? Rising or falling? Each tooth on my wheel is approx 4 degrees wide so
I want do this right or I will have the ignition offset by a few degrees
:(

If it matters I will probably use a design like the one Tim Drury used for
his DDIS signal condition the sensor. And the microcontroller will sense a
falling edge.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

	Student at the Department of Computing Science Umeå University

Fredrik Skog			    E-mail:   c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Taffelstråket 51	   	    WWW:      http://www.acc.umu.se/~skog
903 53 Umeå                         Phone:    +46-(0)90-136365
			            Mobile:   +46-(0)70-3041729