Injectors & harness

CLsnyder claresnyder at home.com
Wed May 5 20:57:36 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: <thergen at svn.net>
To: <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Injectors & harness

> On Wed, 5 May 1999, CLsnyder wrote:

If
> > > so, how do they keep all the gas from going through the first poppet
> > > unseat?
> > >
> > >  That's why the Bosch K-Jet has a separate fuel pressure regulator for
> > > each injector.
> > >

> > There is an "injector" for each cyl according to the information I had
on
> > the subject. They are all in one housing, with K-Jet style nozzles on
the
> > ends of the "spider-legs"
> >

> Do you have any info on whether a single coil is used for all the
> "injectors" within the CPI (central port injector)?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

I can't find the article right now, but I seem to remember there being more
than one schema. Some batch fired the whole works - presumably with one
coil. Some alternate batched - which would require at least 2 coils - and I
think there was one with multiple (3 or more) coils - but don't quote me.