Jeep 4.0 Liter MPI (circa 1987-1991)

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Fri May 7 05:02:48 GMT 1999

Hi, Jim--

If this thing used a make up of a cam sensor with no location for number
one--the ECU used a calculation of reading the cam sensor along with the
crank--this alloted a full two crankshaft locations before #1 cylinder is
found--the other problem on those earlier ones is the cam/crank sensor at
the back of the engine gets oil soaked and messes up--reading the thing with
a labscope makes diagnostics easier.

Lyndon
IP TECH
LWester at compuserve.com