absurd pressures figures was: atomization enhancement

Fredrik Skog c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Fri May 7 10:58:43 GMT 1999

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Howard Wilkinson wrote:

> Fredrik:
>     I don't find it hard to believe that the magazines and Bosch book
> all quote the same figures.... where do you think the figures came
> from?  I've encountered erroneous figures in the past which were
> echoed throughout several publications.... not an uncommon thing.  I
> do however find it highly improbable that a fuel injection system
> could have a pressure range of 1600bar with a breaking pressure of a
> small fraction of that number..... I have yet to see any injector
> breaking pressures listed which suggest line pressures of this
> magnitude.  That such pressures could be associated with a common rail
> system is simply beyond belief.......
>     I'm a stubborn sort of guy I guess, but if it makes no sense to me
> I must assume it to be false unless I have some verification that I
> consider satisfactory.  Too many falsehoods have been repeated over
> and over again until they are believed.  When I see an injector which
> as a breaking pressure of 1600 bar, I will have no difficulty in
> believing that the system produces that pressure.  ;-)          H.W.

Sorry for waisting bandwidth with this but I am sure of that these figures
the magazines quotes don't come from the Bosch book.
The Bosch book says that their systems use between 350 and 1600 bar and
doesn't say anything wich car make uses what pressure.
The magazines wich by the way are very respectable magazines here in
Europe says what each car model uses. And this have happened a lot of
times and with a few months apart. For instance the VW was quoted using
2050 bar....and I have seen other makes with pressures at 800 bar, 1280
bar, 1400 bar....It just seems strange that an error like this would exist
in the magazines for several months and in a lot of magazines. I really
think that these magz have some sort of error correction routines and that
errors like that would not slip through printing in such a long time
period.

Sorry but I have not changed my mind :)

	Student at the Department of Computing Science Umeå University

Fredrik Skog			    E-mail:   c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Taffelstråket 51	   	    WWW:      http://www.acc.umu.se/~skog
903 53 Umeå                         Phone:    +46-(0)90-136365
			            Mobile:   +46-(0)70-3041729

		Living and dying laughing and crying
		Once you have seen it you will never be the same
		Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
		Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean
							/MetallicA