CFM Continued...

WLundquist at aol.com WLundquist at aol.com
Fri May 7 18:14:18 GMT 1999

With regards to the engine builder, how did he select the turbos for the
application? Were the turbos sized for their intended use? boost pressure,
operating rpm? If you refer to Hugh MacInness book "Turbochargers" page 34,
it is easy to calculate air flow with the turbos. Another point, plenum
volume is a deciding factor in single or dual plane manifold using carbs, an
individual runner manifold without a plenum for a 350 chevy requires 330cfm
per cylinder, depending on max rpm. TPIS has flow information on  stock and
modified plenums, runners and bases, from their Insiders Hints book, those
numbers would help you determine if the stock intake system will work for
your application. Be realistic on what you want the motor to do. There are
axial and turbo'd TPI systems out there that function great.
If you would like, I can work up some specifics, I would need the compressor
maps, intended max rpm to detemine your setup. you can e-mail me at
WLundquist at aol.com